Project and Engineering Manager
We are currently searching for a Project and Engineering Manager for a key project in Moravia.
We are currently searching for a Project and Engineering Manager for a key project in Moravia. The company is one of the global leaders in niche-market product manufacturing, with factories around the globe. The position is in the company’s key division and directly reporting to the Vicepresident – Manufacturing. Among the company’s global impact, sustainable business approach towards the environment, and people-oriented leadership, the firm is well known for its unique company culture.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements in order to ensure delivery on time, within budget, adhere to defined quality standards, and meeting agreed user specifications and expectations.
- Liaise with other operational areas in the organization to secure specialized resources and contributions for the project. Conduct meetings and prepare reports to communicate the status of the project.
- Set priorities, allocate tasks, and coordinates project staff to meet project targets and milestones.
- Conduct regular team meetings and review project deliverables with the team to ensure adherence to program brief and concept within his/her department.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with all members of the team, ensuring that project concerns are proactively addressed to VPs.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Ensures compliance with legal and other regulations related to the project.
- Identify, develop, and gather the resources to complete the project. This includes preparing designs and work specifications; developing project schedules, budgets and forecasts; and selecting materials, equipment, project staff, and external contractors mainly as:
- Technical solutions of construction, machinery, engineering
- Layout proposals, material flows, material storing
- Technical descriptions and demands for the selection process
- Time schedules of projects
- Energy demand calculations and energy connection points definitions
- Support the development of specific tools in line with the strategy.
- Design, communicate, and implement an operational plan for completing the project; monitor progress and performance against the project plan; take action to resolve operational problems and minimize delays.
- Excellent influencing skills and the ability to listen effectively and modify plans as requirements change
- Good knowledge of English - written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient at planning and managing own work & others, as and when required, to deliver agreed objectives and outputs.
- Strong understanding of application development methodologies.
- Ability to apply multiple solutions to business problems.
- Hands-on management of the project's experience
- Readiness to worldwide travel with focus to the Czech Republic and later also support to plants in Europe when required
- PC skills
- Min. 5-7 years of working experience of which 4+ years within the PM Role.
- University graduate
- Proven experience in the management of expansion and greenfield projects of continual production
- Experience of working in an international and structured project environment.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and deployment environments. (incl. knowledge of mechanical engineering, construction works, familiar with energy systems such as boilers/steamers/electric/nitrogen, infrastructure, etc.)
- Target oriented
- Team player
- Analytical Skills
- Technical skills